Food trucks have become a popular option for wedding catering in recent years. They offer a unique and fun experience for guests and can be a cost-effective alternative to traditional catering. However, couples may wonder how much it costs to have food trucks at their wedding.
According to various sources, the cost of having food trucks at a wedding can range from $10 to $35 per person, depending on the type of food truck and location. Some food trucks may also have minimum orders of $1000 to $2000 that couples need to meet for food. Additional fees may also be added for travel, gas, or extra employees.
Despite the potential costs, food truck weddings can still be a budget-friendly option compared to traditional catering. Couples can save money by having a smaller guest list or opting for a more affordable food truck option. It is important to research and compare different food truck options to find the best fit for the wedding budget and needs.
Benefits of Having Food Trucks at Your Wedding
Food trucks have become increasingly popular at weddings in recent years, and for good reason. Here are some of the benefits of having food trucks at your wedding:
- Unique and Memorable: Food trucks offer a unique and memorable experience for your guests. Instead of a traditional sit-down meal, your guests can enjoy a variety of delicious dishes from different food trucks.
- Flexibility: Food trucks offer more flexibility than traditional catering. You can choose from a variety of cuisines and customize the menu to suit your tastes and budget.
- Affordability: In many cases, food trucks can be more affordable than traditional catering. According to Loud Bride, a typical food truck costs $10-20 per person while traditional catering can cost $60-70 per person. This can be a significant cost savings, especially for larger weddings.
- Ease of Clean-Up: Since food trucks often serve dishes in disposable containers with plastic utensils and cups, clean-up is easy. This can save time and money on post-wedding clean-up.
- Interactive and Fun: Food trucks can add an interactive and fun element to your wedding. Guests can watch their food being prepared and interact with the food truck staff.
Overall, having food trucks at your wedding can be a unique, affordable, and memorable experience for you and your guests. Consider adding food trucks to your wedding catering options for a fun and delicious twist on traditional catering.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Food Trucks at Weddings
Food trucks can be a great option for wedding catering, but the cost can vary depending on a variety of factors. Here are some of the factors that can affect the cost of food trucks at weddings:
- Type of Food: The type of food served by the food truck can impact the cost. Some food trucks offer gourmet or specialty items that may be more expensive than traditional fare.
- Number of Guests: The number of guests at the wedding will impact the cost of the food truck. Some food trucks have a minimum guest count or require a minimum order amount.
- Location: The location of the wedding can also impact the cost of the food truck. If the wedding is in a remote or hard-to-reach location, the food truck may charge extra for travel expenses.
- Service Time: The length of time the food truck is needed can also impact the cost. If the food truck is needed for several hours, the cost may be higher than if it is only needed for a short time.
- Menu Options: Some food trucks offer a variety of menu options, while others may have a limited menu. The number of menu options can impact the cost of the food truck.
It’s important to keep in mind that these factors can vary from food truck to food truck, so it’s important to get a quote from the specific food truck you are interested in hiring. Additionally, it’s important to factor in any additional costs, such as gratuity or taxes, when budgeting for food truck catering at your wedding.
Average Cost of Food Trucks at Weddings
Food trucks have become a popular catering option for weddings in recent years. They offer a unique and customizable menu that can fit any couple’s taste and budget. However, the cost of having food trucks at a wedding can vary depending on several factors.
According to WebstaurantStore, the average price per person for a wedding using a traditional caterer is $71, while the average price per person for a wedding using a food truck is $10-15. This means that couples can potentially save thousands of dollars by choosing food trucks over traditional catering.
However, it’s important to note that food trucks usually have minimum orders of $1000-2000 that couples have to meet for food. Sometimes additional fees are added for their travel and gas or extra employees. As Loud Bride suggests, couples can expect to pay $10 to $35 per person depending on the type of food truck and location.
Another factor that affects the cost of food trucks at weddings is the number of guests. On average, one food truck can serve 50-75 guests at a given time, and it’s recommended to have at least one food truck per 150 guests. This means that couples with a larger guest list may need to hire multiple food trucks, which can increase the overall cost.
Overall, food trucks can be a cost-effective and unique catering option for couples looking to add some personality to their wedding. By considering the number of guests, type of food truck, and additional fees, couples can determine if food trucks fit within their budget and make their wedding day even more memorable.
Tips for Saving Money on Food Trucks at Your Wedding
Food trucks can be a great way to save money on wedding catering without sacrificing quality and taste. Here are some tips to keep in mind when planning to have food trucks at your wedding:
- Choose a less busy day: If your wedding is on a weekday or Sunday, you may be able to negotiate lower prices with food truck vendors. Saturdays are usually the busiest days for food trucks, so they may charge more for events on those days.
- Keep the menu simple: The more complex the menu, the more expensive it will be. Stick to a few signature dishes or a particular cuisine to keep costs down.
- Book early: Just like with traditional catering, booking food trucks early can help you secure lower prices. Some food truck vendors may also offer discounts for early bookings.
- Ask about package deals: Some food truck vendors may offer package deals that include appetizers, entrees, and desserts for a set price. This can be a great way to save money while still offering your guests a variety of options.
- Consider a cash bar: If you’re on a tight budget, consider having a cash bar instead of an open bar. This can help offset the cost of the food trucks while still allowing your guests to enjoy drinks.
By following these tips, you can save money on food trucks at your wedding without sacrificing quality or taste. Remember to negotiate with vendors and ask about package deals to get the best possible prices.
Food trucks can be a great addition to any wedding, providing guests with a unique and fun dining experience. However, it’s important to consider the cost when deciding whether or not to include food trucks in your wedding plans.
Based on the research conducted, the cost of having food trucks at your wedding can range from $10 to $35 per person, depending on the type of food truck and location. It’s also important to keep in mind that food trucks usually have minimum orders of $1000-2000 that you have to meet for food, and sometimes additional fees are added for their travel and gas or extra employees.
While having food trucks at your wedding can seem more cost-effective than traditional catering at first glance, it’s important to remember that a food truck cannot replace a full-service caterer. Caterers typically offer additional services and items included in the cost, such as linens, tableware, and waitstaff.
Ultimately, the decision to include food trucks in your wedding plans should be based on your budget and personal preferences. If you’re looking for a unique and fun dining experience for your guests and have the budget to accommodate food truck costs, then it can be a great addition to your wedding. However, if you’re looking for a more traditional and comprehensive catering experience, then a full-service caterer may be a better option.