Today’s DIY wedding project comes to us from Curbly and teaches us how to create a succulent teacup that can double as a table place setting and a bridal favor!
We’ve all seen those inexpensive mini succulents at the local garden center that are begging to be brought home to liven up a window sill or shelf, and this project adds a twist by utilizing porcelain teacups and colorful moss. Such a charming wedding reception idea or maybe for a breakfast bridal shower. You guys are going to love the simplicity!
- Succulent plants
- Soil for succulents and cacti
- Blank name tags
- Rustic twine
- Pen or marker
- Start by writing the names of your guest on each name tag.
- Take each succulent out of its original containers and plant it in the teacup by simply adding some additional soil to fill out the teacup.
- Once the succulents are assembled, cut a piece of twine and tie it around the name tag.
- Next, tie a bow around the handle of the teacup with the twine that is attached to each name tag.
- Finally, use each teacup planter as a place setting for each guest.
How smashing! Your guests will adore them 🙂
If you attempt these, I’d love to see pics! Good luck!